I believe every neighbourhood should
- Have complete streets: everyone should be able to use the roads safely, conveniently, and comfortably, regardless of age, ability, or mode of transportation.
- Have enough sidewalks and trails for people to get around on foot in summer and winter.
- Be accessible by public transit and to cyclists.
- Have practical access to a community garden.
- Offer residents meaningful access to nature and natural spaces.
- Offer green space—not just grass strips but trees and vegetation. [See Green Space, Parks, and Access to Nature.]
- Offer spaces for exercise and healthy living.
- Contain social spaces where people can meet, including seniors and families with young children.
- Have access to grocery stores, convenience stores, and restaurants.
[See Snowclearing, Safety, Cycling, Wetlands and Watersheds, Affordable Housing, Motorcycle Noise.