I grew up in my mother’s home community of Brigus, but came to St. John’s in 2009 and fell in love with the city. Today, I live near Quidi Vidi Lake with my husband Chris and our two beautiful children, Jack (5) and Ursula (2).
Like many of us in today’s workforce, I manage a busy schedule, balancing various professional engagements, including:
- Teaching: I teach violin to students aged 3–18 using the world-famous Suzuki method.
- Leadership Coaching: Through RPI Coaching, I help business leaders across North America to achieve their potential.
- Educational Program Director: I’m the co-artistic director of STEP, a local Suzuki education nonprofit; the Newfoundland and Labrador Suzuki Institute; and the Iceberg Chamber Music Institute.
- Arts Administrator: I am the co-founder of the St. John’s New Music Collective and the Avalonia Duo, two classical music performing ensembles.
- Writer: I’m an award-winning poet, with both national and local publications, and a chapbook that came out in April 2017.
- Freelance Musician: I play in the Newfoundland Symphony Orchestra and in other groups including Duane Andrews’ Earhart Ensemble, Opera on the Avalon orchestra, MUN Viola da Gamba Consort, among other ensembles and bands. I even played with Rod Stewart when he came to Confederation Hill in 2016!
- Volunteer: Locally, I volunteer with organizations that bridge music and tourism such as the International Sound Symposium and the Tuckamore Music Festival.
In my spare time – when I can get it — I enjoy gardening and hiking, I am an avid painter, and I love spending time with my children and reading as many books as I can.